Privacy Statement JePPIX
Version June 3, 2020
JePPIX respects the privacy of the website visitors whose personal data it processes.
JePPIX processes personal data for purposes including the provision of research & valorization, education and its operational management, within the framework of statutory obligations and to protect legitimate interests of JePPIX and third parties.
JePPIX acknowledges that the personal data which it processes are valuable for the data subjects and that careless treatment of personal data by JePPIX may result in infringements of privacy and may lead to other disadvantages or damage to data subjects.
The JePPIX partners state that:
- JePPIX assumes responsibility for the careful treatment of the personal data which it processes;
- JePPIX will comply with applicable legislation and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- JePPIX will be transparent proactively about the processing of personal data, the purpose of such processing and the manner of its execution;
- JePPIX applies privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default as starting points in the processing of personal data; and
- JePPIX will adequately protect the personal data for whose processing it is responsible.
General questions and/or complaints in connection with (the processing of) personal data can be reported via firstname.lastname@example.org. This mailbox is managed by the JePPIX operations team.
A register will be kept of questions or complaints with a (potentially) significant impact. If the personal data of the data subject(s) or the business processes, the finances or the reputation of JePPIX are seriously jeopardized, in any case the JePPIX Steering Committee will be notified.
Rights of data subjects
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives Data Subjects rights with which they can exercise control over the Processing of their Personal Data. A request for information, inspection, rectification, addition, removal or restriction of the Processing can be submitted in writing to email@example.com. This mailbox is managed by the JePPIX operations team.
JePPIX ensures that the information and communication is provided to the Data Subject in a concise, easily accessible and understandable way and in clear and plain language. The language will be attuned to the target group.
A request from a Data Subject will be responded to in writing as soon as possible, but no later than within four weeks after its submission. Hereby the Data Subject will in any case be notified about the action that has been taken on the request. If the time period of four weeks is not reasonably feasible, the Data Subject will be informed thereof within this period. In that case the university will take action on the request of the Data Subject within two months after the expiry of the first period.
In the provision of the relevant information JePPIX ensures that the identity of the person making the request is ascertained properly. To this end JePPIX can ask for extra information.
A request for the exercise of one of the rights as elaborated in this chapter by a Data Subject, being a Minor, a person subject to a guardianship order or for whose benefit an administration or a mentorship has been granted, is made by that person’s legal representative. A reaction by JePPIX will also be sent to this legal representative.
Right to object
For Data Subjects there are two grounds for objecting to a Processing:
- In connection with his or her personal circumstances, every Data Subject can object to Processing at the university, if this Processing takes place pursuant to
- a) the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or within the context of the exercise of official authority of the Controller, or
- b) the pursuit of the legitimate interest of JePPIX or of a Third Party to which the data are provided.
In case of objection JePPIX will in principle cease the further Processing. If JePPIX can show that its compelling legitimate interests override the interests or fundamental rights and the fundamental freedoms of the Data Subject, the Processing will be continued. If the objection is legitimate, JePPIX will (free of charge) take the measures that are required to stop processing the Personal Data for the relevant purposes.
- In a Processing for the purpose of ‘direct marketing’, a Data Subject will have the right to object at any time. In case of objection JePPIX will immediately stop the Processing for direct marketing purposes (free of charge) and not resume this.
If the Data Subject is of opinion that the legal provisions regarding the privacy protection or the provisions of these regulations are not enforced correctly towards him or her, he or she can lodge a complaint in writing with JePPIX, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If JePPIX has rejected a request and/or JePPIX has rejected the Data Subject’s request, the Data Subject can:
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Personal Data Authority (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl);
- initiate application proceedings before the subdistrict court. The application must be lodged with the subdistrict court within six weeks of receipt of the response from JePPIX. If JePPIX has not responded to the Data Subject’s request within the set period, the application must be lodged within six weeks after expiry of that period. It is not necessary for an application to be lodged by a lawyer;
- start an objection procedure, in conformity with the General Administrative Law Act [Algemene wet bestuursrecht; Awb]. An objection procedure must always be started within 6 weeks after notification of a decision from the university. Appeal against a decision on an objection lies to the District Court.