Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) offer great advantages for life science applications. For example, embedded sensors in medical instruments open up opportunities for home-health-monitoring and point-of-care diagnostics. It also enables precision imaging of tissue and fiber optic shape sensing, which are ideal for preventative medicine and precision surgery. Any application that requires a high-performance optical spectrum analyser can benefit from Indium Phosphide PICs.
Inspiration into a world of applications enabled by PIC technology
- Point-of-care/home diagnostics and monitoring using optical modules and components for low-cost (portable) Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- Fiber optic sensors systems for in-vivo (intra-operative endoscopy-based) multi-point multi-parameter guidance.
- Fiber optic sensors systems for real-time accurate distributed structural health monitoring in large/high-duty objects and (composite) structures.
- Fiber optic sensors systems for cardiac interventions.
- E-services for health records.
PIC technology enables minimal invasive medical instruments. Due to its size and costs they are easy to use and enable high volume (consumable) applications.
Unleashing PIC technology
JePPIX Pilot Line is dedicated to support life science and biomedical applications with mature, fast-turnaround predictable, high performance Indium Phosphide PICs and to bring your prototype to volume production. Contact us to learn what we can do for you.