ePIXfab and JePPIX jointly organised an online panel discussion ahead of the 2020 edition of ECIO on the topic: Will MPW services for integrated photonics grow or decline in the next 10 years? The following questions were put to the panelists:
- Is a photonic MPW service more than just an entry-point for researchers?
- What does it take for photonic MPW to go the same route as electronic MPW?
- Can photonic MPW combine a low-barrier entry with a route to process differentiation?
This discussion was held ahead on 22 June, on the eve of the 2020 edition of ECIO with co-chairs Roel Baets and Kevin Williams and panelists:
- Romano Hoofman (Europractice)
- Mike Wale (UCL, TU/e)
- Michael Hochberg (Elenion)
- Francisco Rodrigues (PICadvanced)
- Pieter Dumon (Luceda)
- Geert Appeldoorn (SMART Photonics)
- Kavitha Buddharaju (AMF)
Read the summary of the panel discussion here.